We have received some great feedback on Badaboom since the beta was launched earlier this month. Please note that this is a beta client and does not represent the shipping product in stability, features, or performance. In order to respond to all of the great feedback we are providing a second beta release and delaying the official product launch by roughly 3 weeks. You can download the 2nd beta at www.nvidia.com/forcewithin. This may be updated again before the product is released in the near future so keep your eyes posted here for more information.
Some key changes include:
- DVD compatibility: some DVDs were causing Badaboom to stop responding. These issues have been reproduced and we believe they are fixed in the beta2 version.
- Output framerate is sometimes different from input framerate. This has been resolved in the beta2 version.
- Altered aspect ratio: the UI has been improved to better inform the user the output resolutions.
- General stability: there are a variety of issues that have been fixed where Badaboom would stop responding.
- Customizable output file location & name
- Greater selection of output resolutions
- Title and chapter selections are now more robust
- English tracks are now selected as the default instead of the first audio track
- Unlimited custom bitrates supported via UI and through custom XML profiles including the newly provided custom media center device.
- Custom profiles with unrestricted bitrates can always be created by the user
- Some DVDs may have audio sync issues
- Audio may be missing for part of some transcoded DVDs
- Starting Badaboom after a video game is loaded can cause Badaboom to become unresponsive
- Unicode characters in the filenames or directories may not be recognized
- Support for some web formats such as DIVX, WMV, and FLV have been removed from the accepted input formats but will be added in version 1.1.
- Canceling a transocde will sometimes cause the next transcode to run at 50% speed. Restarting Badaboom will resolve this issue.
- Running other GPU intensive programs or changing output resolutions(or screen savers) may cause Badaboom to become unresponsive
Please let us know if you have questions or feedback.
The Badaboom team